Friday, November 9, 2007

Mrs. Miller

Four years ago today, my accordian teacher, Karen Millier died after fighting lung cancer for several years. She and her husband were song leaders at my church for as long as I can remember. She played her accordian, and I remember watching her and thinking "I wish I could play the accordian." Well, I asked her if she would teach me how to play the accordian, and she took me to a back room and we prayed about it. Two weeks later someone gave her a accordian, so she started teaching me how to play. Mrs. Miller was more than a teacher, she was avery close friend. SHe told my Mom that I was like the daughter she never had. I had never experianced death before she died. I was just crushed. Now four years later I still miss her, but I know that she's in a better place. When I saw the video by Mercyme below, it was like God was talking right to me. I miss Mrs. Miller terribly, but I will see her again.

2 comments:

HIS daughter said...

just remember that Jenny...wasn't youth group awesome!? God sure knew what He was doing last night. Love you sis, Katy

Anonymous said...

I miss her to!